A Year’s Worth of Dates
A wonderful woman I knew in Spokane, Annie, once told me that it’s important to schedule one special date per month with your partner so that you always have something to look forward to together & keep love alive.
So…I’ve tried to put together a list of ALL the ideas I could below!!
This is something I’ve wanted to be amendment about because I know when life is the same every week with nothing to look forward to, life can feel heavy. I dug my lost 2020 planner out of a stack today and was about to attempt to make yet another list of date ideas I might lose (again). I decided the best way to save these ideas for later was to make a document out of it, but then I realized~ it would make a great blog post!
By scheduling fun relationship time with family & friends, it lifts our mood and fulfills our hearts!
THREE Types of dates
~ Require little to no planning.g
~ These dates might be unplanned because you were invited by someone else or you are feeling spontaneous & bored!
~But many of the spontaneous ideas can be scheduled ahead of time!
~ Some of these dates require minor planning, such as signing up for a class.
~ These dates might be ones that are routine such as your weekly “date night” or “girls night.”
~These dates may be scheduled due to them being seasonal (county fair, pumpkin patch, etc)
~These are dates which require more planning and might happen 1-3x/year.
~The more you plan, organize, & get reservations ahead of time, the MORE enjoyable experience you will have on these dates!
HOW TO pLAN YOUR DATES
TIP.) Leave room for changes and spontaneous invites!
You can mix together many spontaneous & scheduled date ideas!
*If you don’t know what some of these ideas are, (like geocaching), google it! 🙂
*Please add your own ideas in the comments below!
- Date night w/ friends
- Board game w/ friends
- Try a new restaurant
- Movie night
- Art Gallery
- Go golfing or miniature golfing
- Frisbee golfing
- Go-kart track
- Play pool & local bar
- Lazer tag
- Paint ball
- Bowling or midnight bowling!
- Roller skating
- Rock wall climbing
- Photo booth at mall
- Water gun/balloon fight
- Thrift store scavenger hunt & dressing room fashion show
- Board games at a local cafe
- Hiking trails
- Disposable camera date
- Backyard camping
- Renaissance fair
- Virtual Reality cafe
- Cat cafe
- Picnic @ the Park
- Painting @ the Park
- Visit cheese or jelly belly factory (or other) if near you
- Homemade Pizza night
- Make a homemade movie with a plot
- Farmer’s market
- Estate Sales
- Garage/Yard Sale-ing
- Antique store discovery hunt
- Roast marshmallows & fire pit
- Kite Flying
- Visit a very old graveyard & find the oldest date
- Animal shelter & visit a pet
- Re-create 1st date!
- Comedy Show
- Concert theater or band
- Plant a tree together
- Sign up for a class at a community college, arboretum, or craft store.
- Pottery class
- Join a fun meetup @meetup.com
- Go ziplining, sky diving, bungee jumping
- Escape room
- Attend a trivia night at a club/bar
- Attend an artist’s opening night
- Science museum
- Attend yoga class together
- Horseback riding
- Go to a sports game
- Kayaking or float the river
- Packwood Flea Market (memorial & labor day weekends)
- Travel to town near you and visit bookstore & cafe
- Local fair
- Pumpkin Patch
- Pumpkin carving at home date
- Corn maze
- Harvest party
- You-pick fruit @ farm
- Wine Grape stomping
- Ice skating
- Christmas lights tour with a limousine!
- Shooting range
- Host your own game night & invite friends
- Giant slip & slide BBQ party
- Summer kiddy pool date with candles & music
- Your birthday parties!!
- Beach trip & stay at air b-n-b or hotel
- Camping trip (reservations may or may not be important.)
- Look at Groupon.com for a vacation oversees special rates & deals
- Ultimate Road Trip (choose a few destinations to visit and travel by car.)
- Grand Canyon trip
- Leavenworth octoberfest
- Trip to Silverwood or other water park